The Bicycle Club of Irvine Forum Index The Bicycle Club of Irvine
Welcome to BCI's Forum. If you'd like to join the forum, please send an e-mail to info@bikeirvine.org. password help

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loss of Pat Nolan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bicycle Club of Irvine Forum Index -> Mile Stones
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCI
Bike Club Info

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Loss of Pat Nolan Reply with quote

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Pat Nolan passed away in a motor
vehicle accident early Monday April 10th. He is survived by his spouse Kathy and their sons.

Pat and Kathy were long time members and supporters of the BCI. Pat
invented Tandem Time. The couple also worked with Scenic Cycling and Pat made the best egg salad on the planet. He was also active providing
food and support for Sleeping Indian Centuries.

Pat will surely be missed by many, but I'd like to think Doug Phillips would
be on hand to welcome him on a celestial journey.

Memorial services will be held Tuesday April 18th at 10:00 AM at (please
call the mortuary to confirm):

Brown Colonial Mortuary
204 W 17th St,
Santa Ana, CA 92706
714 542-3949

Paul Haussler
BCI #312

========

In addition to the announcement about Pat Nolan's passing away on the BCI forum, I think it would be a good idea to send out a bulk email with this sad news. Many long time club members knew Pat and Kathy and don't regularly check the forum. I made an announcement about his passing this morning before the ride and several people who knew him told me this was the first they heard of the news. This Tuesday there is a memorial service and if the info got to the members, there may be some that would attend, which would mean a lot to Kathy, his wife.

I just spoke with Kathy Nolan tonight (4/16) and got the following additional information, which could be added to the blurb from the forum

Kathy and Pat were married for 34 years (since 1972). They have 3 sons (ages 33, 32, and 27).

Cards may be sent to:
Kathy Nolan
PO Box 7005
Hemet, CA 92545

A donation to a charity of your choice may be made in lieu of flowers.

Kathy Shapiro
BCI #288
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bicycle Club of Irvine Forum Index -> Mile Stones All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: