The Bicycle Club of Irvine Forum Index The Bicycle Club of Irvine
Welcome to BCI's Forum. If you'd like to join the forum, please send an e-mail to info@bikeirvine.org. password help

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OUT OF TOWN RIDES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bicycle Club of Irvine Forum Index -> News & General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Ziegler
Newbie (But HAS Posted something!)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: OUT OF TOWN RIDES Reply with quote

RECENTLY RODE THE GRAND TOUR. IT TOOK ME THROUGH SOME DIFFERENT AREAS INLAND AS WELL A GREAT RIDE ALONG THE COAST. AH, THE SALT SPRAY IN YOUR FACE, IT AIN'T CLEVELAND ANYMORE. MAYBE BECAUSE IT'S DIFFERENT BUT I LIKE RIDING THE AREA NORTH OF MALIBU. IT'S HARD TO GET UP THERE. I HATE THE DRIVE. THERE'S TRAFFIC EITHER COMING OR GOING. I DID A LITTLE TOUR BACK IN MAY. TOOK THE TRAIN TO SURF. STAYED IN LOMPOC OVERNIGHT. RODE FRIDAY FROM LOMPOC TO OXNARD, 100 MILES, AND STAYED OVERNIGHT WITH FRIENDS. RODE SATURDAY BACK HOME ANOTHER 100 MILES.
TRYING TO PUT THESE RIDES TOGETHER AND AVOID DRIVING? A LITTLE RESEARCH WITH THE AMTRACK SCHEDULE AND MAPQUEST. SO HERE'S AN IDEA FOR AN ADVENTURE! TAKE THE EARLY TRAIN, 7:30 am FROM IRVINE. ARRIVE CAMARILLO 10:00 am. RIDE NORTH THRU OJAI TO THE COAST AND BACK SOUTH TO VENTURA OR OXNARD, 75 TO 85 MILES. BOARD THE 5:30 TRAIN TO RETURN. APPRECIATE YOUR THOUGHTS!!!

Short Rider (>15 Posts!)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Great idea Paul Reply with quote

Super Idea Paul. I am currently working on something like that for OCRR. We are planning to take the train to Carpenteria and spend a weekend riding up and around Carpenteria, Santa Babara, Casitas Pass, and Ojai then taking Amtrak Back to Orange County.
Proud Family Member of
The Orange County Rebel Riders
ocrebels@verizon.net
www.ocrebels.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bicycle Club of Irvine Forum Index -> News & General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: