The Bicycle Club of Irvine Forum Index The Bicycle Club of Irvine
Welcome to BCI's Forum. If you'd like to join the forum, please send an e-mail to info@bikeirvine.org. password help

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jan 17 ~ "Ride With Bill" 2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bicycle Club of Irvine Forum Index -> Getting Together
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Sellin
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Jan 17 ~ "Ride With Bill" 2009 Reply with quote

Well I m having an all day Birthday Party on Wheels - A traveling tour of 52 miles on my 52nd Birthday!

2 pages of logistics are posted at www.sellin.com/RideWithBill.pdf - but suffice it to say you can join me for a ride of anywhere from the last 2 or 3 miles in Orange all the way to 53 or so; & if you sprint back to
Irvine by sunset at 5:10 you could get a 64 mile Metric Century in - and could drive back to join in the Dinner in Orange.

Most of my friends considering going the whole 52, or the last 38 or 25 will arrange to have a more sensible spouse meet them in
Orange & give them a ride home; Others will bail out & get home to drive to the finish & see me get home.

Some will skip the bike all together & meet Dev & I at the BCI Coffee Stop at around 11, &/or have Lunch & Cake around Noon.
&/or join the Pool Side waiting, Jacuzzi soaking, & dining around 4 & later...

So If you are available to celebrate at any point of the day - I would love to see you on my Birthday!
(No gifts please - I have way to much stuff already!)

at the very least please join us for lunch & some cake after the Saturday Ride at the food court near Deerfield; NW corner of Culver & ICD - at the shopping center behind McDonalds; Subway / Chicken Dijon / Chinese / Great Coffee / Free WiFi - Everything a cyclist could want!

Bill Birthday

Most of the world is either downhill or flat...
Bill Sellin
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Simplified Options... Reply with quote

Options Simplified:
1: Join Bill on the regular BCI Medium Ride to Coffee Stop & group return to DCP then on to Lunch at Itís A Grind (Culver & ICD) & cake!

2: Join Dev on the regular BCI Short Ride to Coffee stop - & group return w/ Bill to DCP then on to Lunch at Itís A Grind (Culver & ICD) & cake!

3: Do 1 or 2 & add some more after lunch;
- 3A: Ride back to start Java City if you started thereÖ
- 3B: Peel off for DCP from Woodbridge (+7 miles after lunch)
- 3C: Peel off for DCP from ICD & Laguna Rd (+10 miles after lunch)
- 3D: Peel off for DCP at Yale & Portola (+16 miles after lunch)

4: Ride all the way home with Bill to Orange (+25 miles after lunch)

5: Park at Bill & Dev's @ 7am & ride to Deerfield for option 1 + 4 = over 63 to 66 miles! Then your car / truck will be at the end of the day to drive home!
Easy route: E Wilson West; Left on Glassell / Grand; Left on Edinger / Irvine Center; Left at Deerwood!

Most of the world is either downhill or flat...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bicycle Club of Irvine Forum Index -> Getting Together All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: