The Bicycle Club of Irvine Forum Index The Bicycle Club of Irvine
Welcome to BCI's Forum. If you'd like to join the forum, please send an e-mail to info@bikeirvine.org. password help

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paul Haussler down;

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bicycle Club of Irvine Forum Index -> Crashes we can learn from!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCI
Bike Club Info

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Paul Haussler down; Reply with quote

Paul and his wife Elise were out riding in Malibu today (April 7), and Paul crashed pretty hard. He has a broken right collarbone, cracked bone in his left elbow, and numerous bumps, bruises, and road rash. He won't be able to play ride leader for the Tuesday & Thursday night rides for several weeks while he heals.
His phone number is 714-964-1873 if you want to call him.
Bill Sellin
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Self Report the next morning... Reply with quote

Sent: Apr 8, 2007 10:30 AM
To: Bill Sellin

BILL,

I REALLY MESSED UP YESTERDAY! I WENT DOWN ON PCH IN MALIBU, BROKE MY RIGHT COLLAR BONE, SUSTAINED AN AC (SHOULDER) SEPARATION, BROKE THE LEFT RADIAL HEAD JUST BELOW THE ELBOW, HAVE STITCHES IN THE RIGHT KNEE, AND ROAD RASH ALL OVER.

MY BEST GUESS IS I WON'T BE ON A BIKE FOR AT LEAST SIX WEEKS. AT THIS POINT, I CAN ONLY KEY WITH MY RIGHT HAND. BOTH ARMS ARE IN SLINGS. THE X-RAYS ARE AMAZING. THE COLLAR BONE HAS A LONGITUDINAL FRACTURE - IT'S SPLIT ALONG THE LENGTH.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I HIT IN THE ROAD, BUT THE HANDLEBARS WERE WRENCHED FROM MY GRASP AND DOWN I WENT. MY HELMET SERVED ME WELL!

MY POOR FUSO!!! I NOW KNOW THE FEAR OF NOT BEING ABLE TO GET UP. WITH BOTH ARMS OUT OF COMMISSION, I'M PRETTY USELESS. HOWEVER, THIS IS EASTER AND I CAN TAKE HEART IN KNOWING I WILL BE BETTER SOON.

PAUL

Most of the world is either downhill or flat...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bicycle Club of Irvine Forum Index -> Crashes we can learn from! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: